When it comes to mineral identification, McCreath Laboratories is your trusted partner. We have the knowledge, expertise and resources to collect and analyze your sample with high levels of accuracy.
Our olivine testing services can verify the material’s specifications so you can ensure it will perform as expected.
What Is Olivine Used For?
Olivine is a widely prevalent mineral, frequently found in igneous rocks like peridotite, basalt, and others. It is one of the most common rock-forming minerals on the planet and is usually green in color.
Most olivine is used as a slag conditioner in metallurgical applications. High-magnesium olivine — also known as forsterite — removes impurities from metallic in blast furnaces to shape a slag.
Olivine is also used in the refractory industry to make blocks for furnace and ladle linings. When crushed and mixed with a binder, you can use it to create refractory bricks.
Learn More TodayContact Us
About Our Service
McCreath Laboratories provides olivine identification to help you determine whether it’s acceptable for your intended use. Our services include:
- Sampling services: Taking a high-quality sample is essential to proper olivine testing. Our field engineers have decades of sampling experience, allowing them to take the best representative sample of your bulk material per industry and material standards. This care ensures all subsequent laboratory testing is accurate and dependable.
- Independent laboratory services: We use industry-approved lab techniques and tools to analyze your sample, giving you details into its specific material, composition and quality. Our state-of-the-art lab is equipped with modern, advanced analytical instrumentation to give you precise results for a range of testing.
- Consultant services: Our highly experienced team of engineers, chemists and industry professionals can help you interpret your material test results and find solutions to make your operations more efficient. We have a broad knowledge base that sets us apart from the competition — whatever you’re dealing with, chances are our staff has seen it.
Our Service Benefits
McCreath Laboratories offers comprehensive testing services and delivers clients the most accurate, precise results in the industry. When you partner with us, you’ll benefit from our:
- Unbiased third-party analysis: As a privately owned, third-party company, we have no interest or investment in our clients’ results. Our independent status means you can trust that our opinion is unbiased and reliable.
- Convenient locations: We have numerous labs and satellite offices throughout the country, allowing us to respond quickly and work with you efficiently regardless of your location.
- Guaranteed quality: We follow meticulous, industry-accepted practices to protect your sample and investment.
- Accreditation: We are an International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) 17025:2017-accredited lab.
- Expertise: We have over 140 years of material testing experience, and we’re nationally recognized for excellence.
Contact Us for Olivine Testing
McCreath Labs is one of the leading materials testing companies in the United States. Fill out our online sample submission form to begin the material inspection process, or we can send an expert to your location to collect the sample. You can also reach out to us with questions to learn more about how we can analyze your olivine.
|Moisture||Gravimetric||105 C Oven||In-house|
|Sieve Analysis||Gravimetric||Rotap||ASTM C92|
|Loss on Ignition||Gravimetric||1000º Furnace||ISO 26845|