Ferromanganese (FeMn) is an essential alloy for the foundry and steelmaking industries. Primarily, this alloy contains manganese, which has several purposes.
The steelmaking industry uses 70% of the manganese it consumes as an alloying element because it enhances key mechanical properties like strength and toughness. This sector uses the other 30% for its deoxidant and sulfide former properties. As a sulfide former, manganese combines with sulfur, but it does not form iron sulfides. This process creates improved strength because these iron sulfides can lead to surface cracks in hot temperatures.
You must send your comprehensive sample to a professional to protect your investment or reputation and ensure that your ferromanganese sample contains the correct amount of each element.
Send Us Your Ferromanganese SamplesLearn More
Andrew S. McCreath & Sons Labs is one of the most accredited labs in the country. After over 140 years in the industry, we have a team of engineers, chemists and other professionals at the top of their field. These teams perform our ferromanganese sampling service and all other third-party laboratory services.
We can collect your sample on-site and in lump form to analyze at one of our many laboratories locations. Our professionals use state-of-the-art equipment to perform a thorough ferromanganese analysis and study every element in your sample. Our testing includes various techniques, such as inductively coupled plasma (ICP), inert gas fusion, combustion and titration. These processes ensure that your ferromanganese sample is genuine and meets all relevant specifications.
We’re the best at what we do, so you can be confident in our professionals’ conclusions. If you need other services, we offer thorough inspections and expert consulting.Speak With Our Experts
Submit a Sampling Form to McCreath Laboratories
Receive efficient and accurate results regarding your ferromanganese sample when you reach out to McCreath Laboratories today. We have locations across the country to make utilizing our sampling services as convenient as possible. You can also submit a sample form.
|Mn||Titration||Metrohm Titrando||ASTM E248|
|C||Combustion||LECO CS 744||ASTM E1019|
|S||Combustion||LECO CS 744||ASTM E1019|
|P||ICP||Thermo ICAP||In house|
|N||Inert Gas Fusion||LECO CS 744||ASTM E1019|
|As||ICP||Thermo ICAP||In house|
|Sn||ICP||Thermo ICAP||In house|
|Pb||ICP||Thermo ICAP||In house|
|Cr||ICP||Thermo ICAP||In house|